Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is widely considered an extraordinary rejuvenating treatment, not only for being natural, but also for the different uses for which it is used. But what is it really? During a PRP treatment, we draw blood from patient and then separate it using a centrifuge into its distinct natural components which reveal the Plasma which is rich in platelets (PRP). The PRP is then reinjected into the patient’s skin focusing on areas of concern that need rejuvenating and/or correcting. It is in the platelets where growth factors and other components are found, al of which that stimulate the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and other cells.
Here 5 beauty solutions using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP):
1. Hair loss: Increasingly used and accepted for partial hair loss and some types of alopecia, the extracted plasma that is enriched with platelets is injected directly into the scalp. This revitalizes hair follicles, increases circulation to the area and stimulate the growth of new hair follicles thus helping one to grow new hair.
2. Stretch marks (Red or white): Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) by his regeneration power helps repair damaged tissues and can help reduce the appearance of striae or stretch marks. The frequency of treatments and results vary on each patient.
3. Acne: For scars caused by acne. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is one of the most featured treatments for its stimulating effect on cell reproduction of the deep layer of the skin and increasing collagen production. These effects can help reduce the appearance of acne scars and eliminate some acne as well.
4. Dark circles under the eyes: PRP stimulates the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and skin cells to the area where it is injected. As such if PRP is injected under the eyes it can help reduce the appearance of, or in some cases, correct dark circles under the eyes. PRP can also reduce fine lines/wrinkles and improve skin texture.
5. Rejuvenate hands: One of the secrets celebrities use to maintaining young looking hands is to have PRP injected right into the back of the hands. With its rejuvenating properties, PRP can help to achieve a smoother, younger looking hands by reducing or eliminating the appearance of wrinkles, veins, and tendons in this area.